Type Of Intelligence


Which one is your strongest Multiple Intelligence?

Linguistic

Gets a lot out of just reading text. Expresses in both speech and writing with much sense, clarity, effectiveness, efficiency, and insight. Makes a good writer and speaker.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.



I think the test is right in regards to my leanings but I just can't cpeighl. It's probably an ogrnazational thing.

I just finished scanning an article called the "Myth of Multiple Intelligence". I looked it over Barnes and Noble in the Inner Harbor. By the way, its a great place to hang out. The author was an educator was pretty critical of the theory. His premise was that the theory did not do much to change education except make for some strange methods of teaching on odd occasion. He points out that all students need to learn spelling and physical ed regardless of their aptitude. There is no reason to learn spelling with a squirt gun, Jello, and sand to make tactile spelling projects. (Yes, I made that last one up.) While this author was very critical of the idea of seven intelligences, I would like to say that teachers and other types of mentors can over look a child's strengths if they don't match the curriculum or the leanings of the teacher. The theory might not do a lot to change teaching methods but it does allow teachers to step back for a second and to not be dismissive of students who do not fit their preferences or natural leanings. A well rounded curriculum does include more than math and language skills. But at the same time we don't have to do silly things to teach simple things. You know my motto: I love to learn.

Thanks Jollyblogger for pointing me to the quiz.

Comments

Anonymous said…
terry, I'm trying to contact you re: your submission to Blog Baltimore. All communication is being bounced back to me because there is no accurate e-mail with which to contact you about important sign-up information. Please e-mail me with a correct address so that I can officially add you to the roster; otherwise, I'll have to take you off the list.

Many thanks,
M.B.E.
ringmaster
Blog Baltimore
supamb.com/blogring.php

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?