In Which I Play the Interview Game, and So Can You!

Carmon of Buried Treasure started this game. I'm being interviewed by Rebecca of Rebecca Writes. If you want to participate, the instructions follow my answers to the questions Rebeccah asks of me.


1. What is geocaching and how long have you been doing it?

Geocaching is exploring someplace with a gadget. Geocaching is finding a little treasure someone else has hidden. Hiding and finding are more important in geocaching than what it is that you hid or found. Geocaching is an excuse to buy a cool gadget. What I meant to say was geocaching is a sport where the participants use the Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) receiver to find a cache that someone else has hidden. If you are unfamiliar with the term cache, one of its more traditional usages means hidden supply. A GPS receiver, or just GPS, is a special receiver which can tell you your location in the form of a coordinate. It does this by listening, so to speak, to radio signals of Global Positioning Satellites which were put up especially for navigational use. So to go geocaching you need to have a GPS and the coordinate to the cache. You can find listed caches people have put out hidden by going to the Geocaching website.

http://www.geocaching.com/


By the way there are 24 caches listed for the Yukon Territory, Canada.

One of which is a virtual cache which simply means that the person did not put anything there, but the location has intrinsic value, like a historic landmark or a panoramic view.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c16e78cf-646c-4f5a-a810-f08cc2ae85b4

This one is in Whitehorse, Canada.
Oh, yeah, about three years is how long I have been geocaching.

2.What do you like to eat for breakfast?

I love eggs for breakfast but I do not eat them all the time. Saturday mornings at the Pruitt house I fix eggs-to-order for my family. I ask each person how they want their eggs and try make them just right. Elaine, (10) the youngest likes two eggs fried hard. Occasionally she will want boiled or soft boiled. I think she just tries to see how far I will go in letting her ask for what she wants. She once asked for two eggs; one soft boiled and their other fried hard. I did it. Noelle (12) is usually a two eggs fried hard kind of a gal these days but a couple of months back she preferred an omelet with cheese and ham. Simplicity and texture are important for her. Beccah (14) usually goes for an omelet with as many different ingredients as possible. She like variety and pizazz. Corrie (17) will let me fix her an omelet or sometimes scrambled. I think she would enjoy it more if she were cooking instead of me. Annalee is my oldest, a young woman almost ready to leave her teen years. She is not a big egg fan, breakfast is not her thing. But if she is in the mood I fix her two eggs over easy. Then my lovely redheaded wife will let me fix her an omelet with the fixings the fit her mood. Myself, two eggs over easy and it is best with a side of sausage.


3.If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

This is a great question. One of the best things about my career in the military has been the chance to live a variety of places. I grew up in Lebanon, Missouri. My wife and I have lived in

Monterey, California Annalee was born there.
San Angelo, TX
Ayer, MA
Ft. Campbell, KY Corrie was born there.
Manassas, VA Beccah and Noelle were born there.
Frankfurt, Germany
Heidelberg, Germany Elaine was born there.
Glen Burnie, MD We have been here eight years.

I have loved living in a variety of places. Choosing a new place to live would be hard. I have always responded to some sort of career factor. Many days I'm very happy to live here in the Baltimore area. But in the end I guess I looking to prepare for pastorial ministry and let God lead me to the next step in my adventure. I hope my next move is somewhere to pastor a church for a long term commitment. For now I'm happy to live, work, study and worship in Glen Burnie.

4.What's the best thing about being a dad?

I love living with my wife and five daughters. My wife and I love babies. We love kids. On my blog profile I say I love to learn, also love to learn with my family. I love taking a picture of Elaine with cicadas on her arms and learning their life cycle. I love having Noelle tell me about horses. She knows more about them than I do. I love watching Beccah learn responsibility and how to manage and organize things. She has such joy in dealing and interacting with people. I love seeing Corrie teach herself music, art and cooking. Like me she does best when self-taught. I love talking with Annalee about things she is learning in college. I like it when she tests to see how I would respond to something one of her profs had said. I love the fresh perspective my kids put on learning about God and his world.

5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?

I burn the candle at both ends. But if I have to be one or the other, it is morning. A cup of coffee, a time of prayer, and study are simple pleasures. I jog in the mornings too. I wish mornings were longer.


Here's how you can play the interview game:

1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.” The first five commenters will be the participants.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (Write your own questions or borrow some.)

Comments

Catez said…
Hi Terry. I enjoyed reading your interview! I would like to be interviewed by you if you like (just not any personal sort of quaestions). God bless you, Catez
Rebecca Stark said…
I pass by that cache all the time. Right down town.
bigred5 said…
Please interview me, too.

bigred5
Anonymous said…
I'm game, count me in!
Anonymous said…
Hi Brother,
I enjoyed reading your interview. What happened to your blogger where you used your voice taped. I thought it was neat but noticed that you took it off your site.
Marcene

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?