Second Take On N.T. Wright

I recently read a paper by N.T. Wright called "The Shape of Justification". As I read it I was surprised to find that I had little to disagree with him about. It seems that N.T. Wright defines Justification as "the declaration of God, the just judge, that someone is in the right, that their sins are forgiven, and a true member of the covenant family, the people belonging to Abraham." I can't say that at face value I can disagree with this. The fact that God's work and our standing with God is first says to me the priorities are right. However, if they were reversed I would have to say our standing in the community of faith secondary to our standing with God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?