Fear Not

My daughters have played on a soccer league ran by homeschooling families like our own. (The league is not related at all to "The League of Extraordinary Reformed Bloggers". I knew some of you were wondering.) There was a boy who played that was athletically gifted and seemed rather quick. It seemed though that any little pain he would show signs of discomfort hold the affected area and the game would stop. All these nice children would just stop the game. After a few times of this the referee, who is a good Christian man, saw that the boy would milk each and every little injury. It is hard to say whether it was intentional or if it was just how he had a habit of dealing with pain. The referee was not insensitive to the need to stop the game, but he saw the repetition in the behavior and said, "the play is still in motion". And that sort of got the game back on and made the minor pains of normal play less of a tool for gaining desired out comes in the game.

It is sort of a question of how much pain do we incurr before we stop what we are doing and take care of the problem. How much do we use pain as an excuse to stop everything when really we could "play through it".

In my own life, the past few months I have let my fears and insecurities control my life quite a bit. I see that God is telling me ...


"6 Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success [1] wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:6-9

I want to play through. Don't stop the game.

Comments

Justin said…
Terry, I'm not really a blogger myself but I'm getting the hang of it, trying to keep my own site updated. I've been working with Mr. Randy for the past 2 weeks laying mulch and planting trees all day long. We would dump a load of mulch off the truck and then use a wheelbrow to move it around. Well after the the 30th wheelbrow load I get warn out. I keep on pushing myself "ok Justin 2 more times then take lunch" 2 more time go by, "ok Justin another 2 and so on. The body can do amazing things when you have a clear mind and focusing on the goal. Being that Mr. Randy's busniess is a Christian work place, I view the overall goal is to make Gods Creation look perfect.("Personal Design Landscaping, Striving for excellence")So as I'm going threw out the day tired and weak I turn to God to give me that extra energy to just the next to loads of mulch.

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?