Movie Review: Spiderman 2

My lovely bride gave 4 out of 5 stars to Spiderman 2 . I gave 4 stars also. The special effects are great and so is the character development. Well, great character development for a super hero movie at least. One of the themes is that Spiderman can not seem to get it right because he does not have a great sense of his purpose and who he is. While there is something to understanding one's purpose, not everyone has to have a high sense of purpose. It has taken a while for me to figure this out, some people are driven by their calling and other people are faithful to thier calling. I for one am more of a driven by my calling. It has taken a while for me to understand those who are less driven.

Comments

Always glad to see another PCA'er in the blogosphere! I took my daughters to see Spidey 2. We enjoyed it. I too liked Peter Parker's internal struggle with using his "gifting" responsibly versus living selfishly.

I would like to see you post on the difference between being “driven by your calling" versus “faithful to your calling". I am intrigued.

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?