Myers-Briggs Test: I'm An Inventor But I Used To Be A Visionary

I have changed my Myers-Briggs profile. When I first became familar with this test and way of thinking, I was told that people sometimes change how they score. They explained that a person usually changes after a major life crisis. I recently went through a period I like to call my "dark night of the soul", a term used by certain Christian pietist. I think if I took the issue to psychologiest he would say I was depressed. However, recently I was studying and reading the book of Ruth. Naomi is depressed in the story, or rather going through a dark night of the soul. But when she sees the hand of providence in her life she begins to have hope. Though I have not had hope in a long time, I am starting to have hope again. During my dark night of the soul I was just sort of hanging on to weather the storm. But now I am looking for God's hand of providence instead. So my new Myers-Briggs profile, drum roll please....


ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.
Free Jung Personality Test (similar to Myers-Briggs)

Comments

Thanks for sharing. The military ususally calls for one to be a Judgemental type. I think I'm much more Perceiving naturally. I need some of those J traits to balance me out. So in some ways, expectations upon me have changed.

I think psychologiests see depression as a disease which must be cured. Pietiest of the past saw the dark night of the soul as a stage of spiritual growth. I'm not saying we should never treat depression as a disease, especially if everything is out of control in a person's life. But is something to be embraced or something to be eradicated?

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?