The Main Idea of Ruth 1

Often I think I need to do the Christian life just right in order to recieve the blessing of God. However when we read the book of Ruth, Naomi is depressed and does not seem to be doing it right. She says things like, "Do not call me Naomi (pleasant); call me Mara (bitter), for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me. I went away full, and the Lord has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi, when the Lord has testified against me and the Almighty has brought calamity upon me?". The grace of God is shed on her anyway. She becomes the grandmother, seregate mother, of the ancestor of King David and King Jesus. It is not because Naomi is so faithful but because God is so good.

Lord,

I am not worthy of your blessing. I am your servant.

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?