Pastorial Visitation Of The Congregation

I grew up in a rural community in Missouri. Our pastor was not particularly dynamic but he visited the congregation, especially the sick. When I had a chance to do some student pastoring I found initially this something that was intimidating. My first church I found it difficult. My second church, things clicked for me. I visited the shut ins on Saturday and preached expositorially on Sunday. It was a good experince. As I have tried to come to grips with ministry and what it is, I do think the visitation feature is an important one. There is a good article in the PCA Zine called "Visit and Prosper". Good encouragement for those who are faint of heart in visitation ministry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?