Biblical Archaeology

Today I met a man named Kevin. He was curious about me reading a book on Biblical Archaeology. He asked if that is what I do for a living. That would be a cool job but that is not my current profession. We discussed several things; his work, his religious experiences, and my thoughts on several difficulties in scripture. One of the things that he asked about was if archaeology proved the Bible. I've read several books that use this approach of the relevance of archaeology. The book I'm reading by Alfred J. Hoerth takes another approach, that archaeology helps to illustrate the context of those who lived in Bible times. By that, we understand their housing, laws, politics, security, and other issues. It was a good discussion. It was good to talk to Kevin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?