Student punished for blog entry - PittsburghLIVE.com

First I have to say that anyone is subhuman, regardless of the moral behavior, either genuinely fails to understand what a human is, or it is insulting. I wonder what the school sanctioned means of talking the issue actually is? Perhaps they should publish guideline for taking a controversal position. (End of sarcasm)



Student punished for blog entry - PittsburghLIVE.com: "Ryan Miner says he's willing to risk expulsion rather than write a 10-page essay as ordered by Duquesne University.

The essay on the pros and cons of homosexuality is not homework. It's punishment for his derogatory comments about gays and lesbians -- he called them 'subhuman' in a blog -- and the sanctions have divided Duquesne's campus.

'I believe as a student that my First Amendment rights in the Constitution were subverted and attacked,' said Miner, 19, a sophomore from Hagerstown, Md.

"

Comments

cwv warrior said…
Terry,
I have a post on this as well, since it's in my backyard. I am a new visitor to your site and I was surprised to find myself back home! I hope this young man finds strength to stick to his guns, prayerfully. This world is a hard place for these young warriors. Of course, I don't think he was right to use that word either...but I'm rooting for him!

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?