The Christian Century

Laytham asks some questions here that I beleive must be answered. I would disagree with some of his answers but, I'm glad he has the courage to really face the issues. It does not surprise me though that he would not join the military chaplaincy.




The Christian Century: "Loyalty oath
A matter of ultimate allegiance
by D. Brent Laytham
Two years ago one of my students wrote a master's thesis defending just war, then joined the U.S. Air Force to train as a fighter pilot. I suppose you could look at this as pedagogical success: I'm a teacher who helped one of my students turn the corner from theory to practice. But as a pacifist, I took it pretty hard.
" Click the link for the full story....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?