Life Time Accomplishment

I got the ultimate spam. It is not that I really liked what was written in the e-mail but the address list was impressive. Some of 256 names were unfamilar to me, but the institution domain names were impressive.

denverseminary.edu
Wheaton.edu
calvinseminary.edu
fuller.edu

Given that some really well known people were on the spam list, I'm assuming that many of these others who were not recognizable to me were none the less, heavy hitters. But those I did know are as follows:

Alister McGrath
Douglas J. Moo
G.I. Williamson
RC Sproul Jr
RC Sproul
John W. Macarthur
John Piper
Richard L. Pratt
Phillip R. Johnson

Since I got grouped with these greats on the spam list, I guess I should be flattered to get such spam.

Comments

Brian Colmery said…
Not to be too nosy, but any hints as to the subject matter of said spam? I'd love to hear what one email all those guys are getting sent their way...
Dignan said…
Terry,

I got the same email. Not sure how I got on that list. I was tempted to email the guy back requesting he remove my name. But then I thought better of it since I might get some interesting responses. And I did. :)
Brian - It was sort of a rant against guys like R.C. Sproul for not being hardcore enough of a Calvinist, beleive it or not.. I went the guy's website. He has a list of everyone he thinks is a liar. I'm seeing a trend that everyone is a liar ecept this guy maybe.

dignan - You have been paired with the greats!
Dignan said…
I actually struck up a nice conversation with Richard Mouw as a result.

Btw, I noticed you have some interest in GIS. I worked professionally doing GIS work for about 10 years.
Dignan,

I am slowly working on a database of place names in
the Bible.

http://www.geocities.com/prunepitts1/Place_Names_In_The_Four_Gospels.html
http://www.geocities.com/prunepitts1/Pauls_Letter_Place_Names.html

My goal is to actually after I get a good index of all
place names putting in a MySQL database and letting a
GIS webserver put the maps on the web.

I would like to kind of make it a project that others
could contribute to.

My other idea is to use GIS for missions and church
outreach planning.

Terry
Dignan said…
Terry,

I have actually done quite a bit of GIS work to help various churches, mostly PCA, understand the demographics of their local communities.
Sounds really cool. I did a study on our area just using census data. I don't know what God has in store for this kind of work in the future.
dignan - Have you used GRASS?

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?