Dignan's 75 Year Plan

Check out Dignan's 75 Year Plan post on Emergent.




Dignan's 75 Year Plan: "What IS Emergent?
On Thursday, Tony Jones, Doug Pagitt, Spencer Burke, Brian McLaren, Dan Kimball, Andrew Jones, Chris Seay penned a post at emergent-us called Our Response to Critics of Emergent.

This article generated about 50 posts in a Yahoo Group composed of my posse here in Atlanta. I have been one of those critics in the past. I wrote two posts that were quite critical of Emergent here and here.

Yet I find myself wanting to continue the 'conversation'. As much as I am cautiously skeptical about Emergent, I am repulsed by the vitriol that is cast on those who identify as Emergent. I have seen this up close as my pastor has been accused of heresy because he has referenced various Emergent authors and is therefore 'guilty by association'.

I'm not mocking anyone when I ask 'what is Emergent?'. I am sincere in the question and have yet to have anyone answer it. I'm wondering if Emergent is simply about asking questions without providing any answers. I know that is a crude summation, but I don't necessarily have a problem with that." Click on the link to read the whole thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?