Success Gives Birth To Depression; Leads to Spiritual Growth

I have had some really great, productive days at work. I actually felt a special leading of the Lord, a prompting in my heart to take my work a certain direction and it worked fantastic. There has been a lot of stir about my success. Instead of feeling joy and satisfaction, I feel depressed and blue. I think jealousy and competition has gotten my heart. There is no need to be jealous of recognition for my work since others helped me get here. I've been translating 1 Corinthians

Those Who Walk in Jealously are Not Spiritual

I am not able brothers to speak to you as spiritual but as those of the flesh, as mere children in Christ. I gave you milk and not solid food; for we were not yet able. And we as still not now able to do so, for still you are of the flesh. For who among you is jealous and contentious, are you not of the flesh, walking according to men? For someone says I am of Paul, and another says I am of Apollos, are they not men?
-- my own translation of 1 Corinthians 3:1-4

This really make me take a look at my heart. It makes me turn to him in constant repentance. I praise God that he is pruning me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?