Toastmasters


Since the advise from Nigel telling me to improve my stage craft when preaching, I have been thinking about joining a Toastmasters chapter. I visited today as a guest. I enjoyed myself quite a bit though I was a little scared to make many sudden introductions to people. There was a speech given by one of the Toast Masters (TM) on her banana boat adventure in Jamaica. She did a great job of speaking but the folks were very forgiving on her weaknesses. That made me think this is a place safe to improve my stage craft.

Talking about improving my preaching, I noticed a preaching blog cited by Transforming Sermon called Biblical Preaching. I have placed it in my bookmarks. You might consider doing the same.

Comments

Beccah said…
that was a giant banana boat. Ahaha! That's so funny. Yep, toastmasters sounds like a good idea. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?