NPR : The Benefits of Restlessness and Jagged Edges

I grew up in a family with mental illness so such stories are always of interest to me. (By the way, I'm not sure I always want to call these malidies illnesses but I have to talk in terms that people are using.) It is a refreshing thought to say that the so called negative emotions can actually be quite benificial.



NPR : The Benefits of Restlessness and Jagged Edges: "I believe that curiosity, wonder and passion are defining qualities of imaginative minds and great teachers; that restlessness and discontent are vital things; and that intense experience and suffering instruct us in ways that less intense emotions can never do." .... Follow the link to read the rest of the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?