Paw Paw Tunnel

On my trip I stopped in Paw Paw, WV. I had heard of Paw Paw because of the Frisbee golf course there. I ended up finding a restaurant "Grandma's Country Kitchen". Great country cooking. I ate with a older fellow who seemed eager to talk. I enjoyed his company. People riding the C and O Canal should know this is a must stop and eat there kind of a place. I had the fried hadock. The coffee and lemon pie finished off the meal for me.

As I got back on the trail I soon found myself entering the Paw Paw tunnel. I was surprized how dark the middle of the tunnel was.I had to get off the bicycle and walk because I just could not see to ride. Then it was almost too dark to walk too. I was walking not sure my next step would be a safe one. I could not see the side rail. Had it rotted and fallen into the canal? Was there someone waiting to do evil? I literally had to step out in faith or go no where. Next time, I'm taking a flash light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?