Technology Review - Article on Wikipedia and Epistemology

Welcome to Technology Review I think I've blogged about the virtues of Wikipedia before so I'll save it for later. But Technology Review has a good article on Larry Sanger who is a philosopher who started Wikipedia. I would like to read Parableman's take on the philosophical issues raised in the article. (Hey, instead of "Blog This" we need a "Blog That" feature to blogs.) I would like to see a wiki-Bible commentary started, and wiki-Bible encyclopedia and a wiki-community exegesis (analysis of a community for church planting) and other sites to help encourage the church. Doctrinal issues would have to be handled some way. One could require adherance to a creed, work off generally agreed upon evangelical faith statements or something else perhaps.

Since I'm brainstorming I would like to hear other's reactions and ideas.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm not home, and I can't remember my Blogger password, so this is anonymous.

The Cartesian doubt and pragmatist response are standard views, but this idea that knowledge doesn't require truth is idiotic. He doesn't really say anything about any of this, though, so there's not much to comment on. It's mostly surface-level summaries that could mean anything.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy!

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?