Singing Praise To Our King

We have a holiday upon us. Music has been a big part of Christmas for me. As a teen I was in the marching band, concert band, and jazz band. The Christmas concert practices always got me in the mood for Christmas before it actually happened. One of my big favorites all time was Russian Christmas Carol. It was an arrangement of a lot of Christmas music from Russia. It has a sort of somber feel to it. I also remember singing various years parts of the Handel's Messiah. You have to love it. Then of course there is the singing of Christmas carols, both in church and on the annual Caroling to the sick and shut-ins.

My pastor mentioned in his sermon last night that the original Greek text of Luke does not specifiy singing done by the angels. He is right, it is 'lego', to say. But lego is the word used often when singing is meant. How do we know the difference?
1.) Does the passage sing?
2.) Is it poetic?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?