Covenant Books and Coffee

I mentioned yesterday that Barb and I visited the Bookshop and Coffee shop while in Honolulu. The bookshop sells Reformed books. I wish it was not Christmas time so I could spend lots on books. Some of you are probably saying why did you not just buy stuff there for friends and family. Well, gifts are supposed to be for others.

The ministry idea is great, create a place where people can linger and look at great Christian books. The inexpensive but tastie food made it a place to linger even for those not interested in the books. I saw more than one person picking up food as carry out. Here in my own community I don't think the same concept would work since we have a fine bookstore. But the books at Covenant were Reformed and not your usual Christian bookstore mass market. They were definately historic, deep and hard to find titles. I was looking at a Baxter book I thought....

Well, back to reality here. You might find some interesting stuff on their website even if you can't visit in the brick and mortar facility.

Comments

Steve Burlew said…
Hi, Terry -
Interesting that you mentioned Covenant Books and Coffee, and some of those "historic, deep and hard to find titles." I'm smiling because many of those books are no doubt published by us, Banner of Truth (I head up Banner's North America operation in Carlisle, PA but happen to be in Hawaii this week with a visit to Covenant Books during the next few days). You mentioned a Baxter book, might that have been Reformed Pastor, one of our Puritan Paperbacks? Anyway, if we at Banner can help you out with any of them, please let me know.
Blessings to you, Terry.
Steve
www.trophiesofhisgrace.blogspot.com
Steve,

Yes, the title is the Reformed Pastor. It is a solid book. Thanks for the offer for assistance.

Terry

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?