Biblical Archeology

I just finished reading a couple of books on biblical archeology. Ancient Egypt and the Old Testament by Currid and Archeology and The Old Testament by Hoerth. I guess the most important point that I gleaned from the books was biblical archeology should be used to illustrate the life of the Bile times. For instance, the archeology can help to illustrate typical laws, religious practices and beleifs, social structures and laws. Archeology can not prove that God is good, nor can it disprove it. It can not prove the doctrine of inspiration. When I read a novel, I like to read it and get into the story. Reading about the environment of the Bible times helps me get into the "story".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?