The Lord's Mercy for a Poor Scholar



As a teen I was told at Camp Cumberland in Greenfield, Missouri that Jesus' beard was plucked out.  When I returned home I searched and searched to find that in the Bible.  Since I had read all the New Testament, I was curious how I had missed.  I concentrated my search in the Gospels.  Months later when I attended another youth event at Camp Cumberland I asked the teacher who mentioned it about where I would find where the Bible said Jesus' beard had been plucked out.  He told me it was not in the Gospels but only a prophecy in the book of Isaiah.  I read through the book of Isaiah but missed it.  I tried to look it up in a concordance.  We did not have an exhaustive concordance.  Still no positive result.  Finally I  prayed that the Lord would show me where it was.  I took our large five inch think family Bible, opened it in a fashion to let if fall open in a random way.  The pages where it opened showed up Isaiah 50:6:

"I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting." (Isa 50:6 KJG)    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?