Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Twittering and Mentioning Commerical Products or Companies

Yesterday NPR had a story on Twitter and how some companies are using Twitter to improve customer service. What the company does is looks for Tweets mentioning their company or product. In the story a man posted a tweet about having a problem with his new HDTV working with Comcast. Comcast was notified of the Tweet and contacted the man. I posted a tweet mentioning the TV show The Closer. TNT shows up in my notifications on Twitter of who is following me. TNT's Twitter page is mostly about buzz surrounding their drama series but it was sort of cool to hear a story on the radio and see a lesser form of it all in the same 24-hour time frame.

At first I was not sure of the power of Twitter. However, now that I have connected my Twitter page with my Facebook status and with my blog, I do one Tweet post and get three for the price of one.
Post a Comment