Friday, December 29, 2006

Goals for 2007

I usually make goals for the year. A friend once pointed out that most people make New Years resolutions and that I was slightly off base. I prefer to make goals and yes I'm slightly off base. In general, would it not be better to think in terms of steps to reach an outcome rather than pretending to have more intestinal fortitude than normal?

Most of the time I make a goal for the various areas of my life; walk with God, family life, career, education, ministry, music and fitness. I don't usually make goals about things that will take care of themselves. What I usually want to do is think of how to take the area to the next level. A couple of years ago I decided to include more people in my fitness activities. It was a total flop. It turns out I learned something. I like to exercise by myself for the most part. That is where I'm in my comfort zone. I would like to become a better gardener, but I'm not willing to dedicate the time to it. So I will probably continue plant some tomatoes in the Spring and hope to get some good ones off of the plants. I would love to some day learn guitar, but not now. I'm too busy with other things. I would rather learn Greek and Hebrew better. So I sort of have prioritized through the years the areas that are most important for me.

But here are my 2007 goals:

  • Pray every day.
  • Do more hiking and cycling with my family.
  • Make good use of my iPod.
  • Get licensed to preach.


If you blog about your 2007 goals, resolutions, or whatever you do, please leave a comment so I can link to you.



The Jollyblogger has a resolution for 2007:

I resolve to be an ordinary faithful guy and to not attempt anything spectacular for God in 2007.

You have to read the whole post to get it all
Post a Comment