D.C. has just the ticket to travel old rail lines - Washington Weekend - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

I read the Washington Post more often but someone left their Times on the table at work. After rideing the C and O Canal trail I was sort of wondering what my next step would be. The Times gave me several options. One of them, the Baltimore-Annapolis Trail I have already done. But I am looking forward to my next bicycle trip.



D.C. has just the ticket to travel old rail lines - Washington Weekend - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper: "D.C. has just the ticket to travel old rail lines

By Anne H. Oman
SPECIAL TO THE WASHINGTON TIMES
June 23, 2005

Clickety, click. Fast-turning wheels run lickety-split across a trestle some 70 feet above Rock Creek, hurtling toward Georgetown in a blur of motion.
From 1910 until 1985, Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O) trains crossed this trestle, hauling coal and building supplies from the main line to Chevy Chase, Bethesda and Georgetown. Today, derailleurs make the clicking sound, and the rolling stock on this popular rail trail consists of bicycles, inline skates, wheelchairs and baby carriages. " Click the link for more.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi there! I found your blog while searching for pictures of Superchic[k] (I don't think you expected that!).

Just to drop a message to say that I enjoyed reading your blog!

I keep a blog too (www.livejournal.com/~blithis/), which I use as a channel to gently introduce readers to God, and Christianity, via the various things in life (including what I see, do and learn as a med student)...

Not sure if it's working as well as I wanted it to, but I submit it to the Lord anyways =)

So just to say hello, and keep up the good work. God bless.

Joseph

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?