Book Concerns: Ellen Gray Massey - THE BITTERSWEET OZARKS AT A GLANCE

Book Concerns: Ellen Gray Massey - THE BITTERSWEET OZARKS AT A GLANCE

: "Ellen Gray Massey - THE BITTERSWEET OZARKS AT A GLANCE

From Writers Talk, with permission from the author.

Compiling the photos and writing the captions and introductions to tie everything together for The Bittersweet Ozarks at a Glance, was a joy. I wanted to capture in this book the land and lore of the Ozarks. I think I did that satisfactorily, but I also recaptured the ten years from 1973 to 1983 when I was the teacher/advisor to a total of 120 high school students who researched, illustrated, wrote, and published the quarterly, Bittersweet.

I began the Bittersweet after repeated urging from my brother, Ralph Gray, who was editor of The National Geographic World. As board member of the student publication, Foxfire, in the northern Georgia Appalachians, he thought I should create the same for the Ozark area. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?