Michael Schiavo Slip-up on Larry King



I'm always the doubter when I see things that are too good to be true. I thought I was going to end up checking the statement out on Snoopes.com or something. However, this interview is posted on CNN.com

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0503/18/lkl.01.html

I'm going to add a little more of the interview than was sent to me just so that it is not said it was taken out of context. Also, I can see that Mr. Schiavo has made other statements where he says his wife and him had talked about her desire to not be kept alive artificially. He says that she made such statements in response to a TV program they were watching. I think in a sense he is saying here that being kept alive artificially and the feeding tube are not exactly the same thing so he is deducing what she may or may not have meant.




KING: Have you had any contact with the family today? This is a sad day all the way around, Michael. We know of your dispute.

M. SCHIAVO: I've had no contact with them.

KING: No contact at all?

M. SCHIAVO: No.

KING: Do you understand how they feel?

M. SCHIAVO: Yes, I do. But this is not about them, it's about Terri. And I've also said that in court. We didn't know what Terri wanted, but this is what we want...

KING: You're not -- it didn't cost you anything. This is not something where you're looking to save money?

M. SCHIAVO: No. There's no money involved. We need to move on from that question. That question has been asked me 50 million times. There is no money!


The image “http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/03/20/schiavo/story.schiavo.file.ap.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?