Was King Arthur really a Pelagian? - Christian History

Was King Arthur really a Pelagian? - Christian History

Last month when I flew out to Hawaii one of the films shown was King Arthur. I really like the costuming, battle scenes, and speculation as to his origins being other than British. I guess there is a minority of scholars who consider his origins being other than British. Probably a minority of scholars consider this partly because he is often thought of as legend as such does not deserve a historical reveiw.

I liked the film. It has some sensuality so beware. Check out Focus On the Family's Plugged In revew.


One of the issus in the film is Arthur's allegiance to Pelagianism. I think most of the U.S. is Arminian in theology and is assumed as a common value. I think the film deals with this as an issue to give life and brains to the hero. However, despite it being a good plot device, check out Christianity Today's article on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?