Firefox, Sunbird, and Linux: Three Free, as in free speech

I have been getting some of my computer problems solved this weekend. I got my SUSE Linux machine on the Internet. Whooo-hoo.

I also installed Sunbird on both my Windows XP machine and my Linux box. I'm not decided on how useful I think it is. I'll have to play with it for a while. Sunbird is developed as open-source software like Firefox. Sunbird is basically a calendar program. What makes it so great? It is free, my favorite price and it is free, free for people to change and improve. Apple a few years back came out with a calendar which could be published on the web. Sunbird uses the same protocol to publish calendars on the web. I found a free website iCalShare which hosts a lot of calendars. It is a pretty interesting way to share scheduling data. I'll keep you updated on it. And just to remind you, you can run Sunbird on Windows, Linux and OS X Mac.

I also installed Firefox onto my Linux box. So I put a link to share Firefox on my template.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Come, boy, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant rebellion. - Darth Sidious (AKA: Emperor Palpatine)

:P Eric
Well, I could say something spiffy like, "I'll never go to the dark side", however, I have more Windows machines up and running than I do of Linux. Also, I not longer have a MAC. (pathetic weeping is heard.)

Popular posts from this blog

A lion, a rooster, a billy-goat and Tommy Franks go to a bar...

Celtic Words In English

Was the New Testament Letters Only Written to Male Brothers?